Friday, September 20, 2013

The Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie by Alan Bradley

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (A Flavia de Luce Mystery, #1)The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At first I wasn't keen on the story about an eleven year old girl, but as time went on I became quite fond of Flavia. It is a nice, clean, mystery story, set about 1950, after WWII, involving rare stamps. Flavia's father is an avid stamp collector, especially since his wife had died when Flavia was only a baby. She has two older sisters, Ophelia and Daphne, who really can't make out what she is about.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...