Friday, September 20, 2013

Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill

Eating DirtEating Dirt by Charlotte Gill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read a little over half of this book. It is very informative and interesting in its description of forests and trees of the world. The tree planter life is something I have never thought about in any way. All those people planting trees every day and migrating with the seasons. The reason I gave up on it was not due to disinterest, but just that it was turning into more of a textbook rather than a story. I will probably go back to the book at some point. There was very little human element other than describing the planting process.

The record for tree planting by one person is 15,600 approximately. At one time they would target to plant 400 trees in one day per person, but the modern tree planters can do that many is less than two hours. Who Knew! The description of their lives and the ruggedness is intriguing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...