Monday, September 23, 2013

Left To Tell by Ilibagiza Immaculee

Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan HolocaustLeft to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really didn't think I would like this book because it is a true story and extremely sad about the genocide in Rwanda. This woman survived it although her brothers and parents were hacked to death along with over a million Tutsis. Her story is heartbreaking, but also uplifting as she found her faith and was able to move ahead. It has really made me take a look at us in our society and ask the question WHERE THE HELL WERE WE IN 1994 when these people needed help and begged for help? One Canadian with a troup of 100 soldiers begged the world to come and help these people without any acknowledgement whatsoever. They were abandoned by the Belgian and the French were not a lot of help either. Even the UN backed off for awhile.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...