Friday, October 3, 2014

Wake by Anna Hope

Wake: A NovelWake: A Novel by Anna Hope
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a terrific book. Very few authors have the ability to really get into my heart and touch me like this.

It is two years since the end of the WWI. Families are trying to carry on without their husbands, fathers, brothers and fiances'. It is extremely difficult to put the war behind you, especially after suffering such terrible losses.

The story follows the choosing and interment of the unknown soldier, placed in Westminister on November 11, 1920 at 11am.

This story brought the war to life for me and I thought about my grandfather, who served in WWI, to my thoughts and a realization of what he actually did and his generation did, for all of us.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...