Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

The Girl You Left BehindThe Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The mystery of a painting belonging to Olivia Halston but challenged by the remaining family of the artist. Somehow I could not get close to the characters in this book and the story didn't make me curious about the origins of the painting. The characters especially were shallow, with the exception of the time in France just before and during WWI.

I guess I thought that a "picture" was nothing compared to the suffering of human beings during the wars. I also found it frustrating that they kept mentioning nazi's since they didn't exist in WWI. That crossover just didn't work for me.

I have loved every book by Jojo Moyes so far, but this was was not up to the mark for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...