Saturday, April 1, 2017

Review: The Room

The Room The Room by Jonas Karlsson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am going to do something that I said I wouldn't do, give this 3 1/2 stars. This book really gives you food for thought. At first I was reminded of the fairy tale, The Emperor's New Clothes.

Bjorn works in an office and sticks to his own rules of timekeeping and doing his work without any dilly dally. One day he discovers a room. The room is private and quiet. He is the only one who ever goes into the room and he goes there for solitude and to catch up on his work.

The problem is that nobody else acknowledges that the room exists. His coworkers are quite freaked out by his antics of standing and staring at the wall and try to have him fired.

What a strange and thought provoking story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...