Thursday, April 6, 2017

Review: Britt-Marie Was Here

Britt-Marie Was Here Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Britt-Marie is different. She has left her wayward husband, Kent. She pushes her way into a job as caretaker in a community rec center in a small, dying town called Borg. She is possibly OCD, and she does have a very soft heart underneath it all.

I feel unqualified to review this book as I couldn't get involved. The characters made me feel like I wanted to run and never see or hear from them again. I couldn't become involved with the characters and this made the reading of the book very hard going.

I am in an extreme minority with this story and I do feel bad that I can't give a better review. I loved A Man Called Ove and will still be reading books from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...