Thursday, February 23, 2017

Review: The Other Daughter

The Other Daughter The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed every book that I have read from this author so far, but I did have a hard time with this one.

Twenty or so years ago, on the very same night as a serial killer was executed, a nine year old girl was found at a hospital. She had no memory of who she was or where she came from. Coincidentally, Dr. Harper Stokes was in the hospital at the time and eventually adopted the girl and named her Melanie.

This little girl rounded out his family because their own little girl had been murdered by the serial killer that had been executed.

The story just became convoluted and the characters just didn't seem real. One example of this is that a 29 year old woman is still living at home and under the thumb of her parents, especially her father. Things like saying to her, why were you out so late young lady, and that sort of thing. The family appears to be sickeningly sweet and that makes me very suspicious.

There were too many things happening and too much jumping around, but especially the story was too unbelievable.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...