Thursday, July 28, 2016

Review: The Golden Son

The Golden Son The Golden Son by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful story and wonderful writing. This is the story of Anil, the son of a fairly well to do family in India who wants to become a doctor. He achieves an internship in Dallas in the US leaving behind everything he knows and his parents, three brothers and his sister.

I love stories that teach us things about the customs and ways of people in other countries. Anil returns to the bosom of his family as often as he can and it occurred to me that the first generation from anywhere must lead double lives. They have left behind everything they know and must learn everything in to their adopted lands in order to get along and blend in.

An excellent read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...