Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Review: Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir of Appalachia

Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir of Appalachia Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir of Appalachia by Jennifer McGaha
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book. This is a memoir, not literature. I found it very honest, sincere and very entertaining. This is a time when I am so glad that I didn't read the reviews before reading the book and no preconceived notions already ingrained.

Jennifer and her husband find themselves in very bad financial difficulties. They are broke and owe the IRS for four years of back taxes. They have to find their way out of this hole they are in. They do manage to save their sanity and at the same time actually realize a better way of life.

I saw a review where the reader didn't like the ending, saying that it was too abrupt. I felt it was the perfect ending to the story because the story goes on, the people are still living in the cabin and there is no ending to the memoir at this point in time.

There are lessons to be learned in this honest work.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...