Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Review: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell

The Pearl that Broke Its Shell The Pearl that Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a well written story paralleling The lives of Rahima in 2007 and Shekiba a century earlier. It is basically accountings of the day to day lives of females in Afghanistan. It is an extremely sad story and knowing that it is the truth of the way that girls are treated is beyond unthinkable. You keep thinking that things will improve for the girls but with each chapter things seem to worsen. I have had my fill now of this topic.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...