Saturday, August 6, 2016

Review: Labor Day

Labor Day Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am giving this book five stars because I thoroughly enjoyed it and I loved the writing.

A lonely young boy, Henry and his sad mother, Adele are shopping one day when a man who is bleeding asks the boy to give him a lift home. The man is an escaped prisoner who had jumped out of the hospital window after an appendectomy.

He stays with the family for six days over the Labour Day weekend. During this time he tells the story of his life and wins Henry's and Adele's hearts.

A wonderful story and I especially loved the last few chapters in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...