Saturday, July 4, 2015

Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

Necessary LiesNecessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had never heard of the eugenics program and I am so appalled at this that it is hard for me to write a review.

It is a story of the very poor in South Carolina. The government had a program to sterilize the young, poor and what they call mentally infirm.

A new social worker arrives on the scene to discover this program and she disagrees with it entirely and tries to change it, putting herself into serious trouble, and even landing in jail.

An interesting read, a good fictional story based on true policies.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...