Monday, July 20, 2015

A Memory of VioletsA Memory of Violets by Hazel Gaynor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A story about the little flower sellers in London at Covent Garden. A pair of orphaned sisters are separated from each other and the elder of the two spends the rest of her life searching for her little sister.

I was very excited about reading this book because it takes place in many of the places that I have been including Covent Gardens and Grasmere, Preston and most of the Lake District in England. It was a "nice" story, but I felt that it failed to reach its potential. It was too "clean" and mapped out, hardly touching on the real nitty gritty streets of London and failing to teach the true atmosphere surrounding London in the late 1800's.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...