Sunday, January 26, 2014

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls

Half Broke HorsesHalf Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent! I am actually sorry that I didn't read this book before The Glass Castle, but thank goodness I have read it now.

This is the story of Jeannette Walls' grandparents on her mother's side. Basically it is the story of Lily Casey Smith, her grandmother. She was a very capable lady who taught school, broke horses, ran a ranch and there was absolutely nothing that she couldn't put her hand to.

She raised her own two children and plus the community's children and any others that happened along. She earned a living and had to live away from her husband for long periods of time in order to keep a job teaching.

It wasn't all that hard to see why Rosemary turned out the way she did. The Glass Castle is Jeannette Walls' story and from there you will get the story of Rosemary.

A must read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...