Friday, January 14, 2022

Review: The Games Keeper

The Games Keeper The Games Keeper by Jack Benton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had hoped to like this book a lot more than I did. I found it show and repetitive. The main character, Slim Hardy is a private detective. He is an alcoholic and throughout the whole book, which was not a long book, he was repeatedly falling off the wagon to the point that it just became boring and a way to fill pages of the story.

Slim is hired by someone who is being blackmailed by a person that he believes is dead. Slim's job is strictly to discover if that person, Dennis, is actually dead. There are some twists and turns but in my opinion they are not believable. 

I have the whole series to read and am told that they are excellent reads so am hopeful that I will fall in love with the remainder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...