Thursday, August 20, 2020

Review: Sudden Death

Sudden Death Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I STEP OFF THE PLANE, and for the first time in my life, I’m in Los Angeles. I’m not sure why I’ve never been here before. I certainly haven’t had any preconceived notions about the place, other than the fact that the people here are insincere, draft-dodging, drug-taking, money-grubbing, breast-implanting, out-of-touch, pâté-eating, pompous, Lakers-loving, let’s-do-lunching, elitist scumbags.

But here I am, open-minded as always.

This was the opening lines of the book, typical of the style of writing for the series. The banter is entertaining, as always, and the mystery is fun and complex (fun if you don't mind good guys dying).

It was not a simple mystery to solve, and even when it seemed to be mostly solved, there was a sharp twist near the end, and it went off in a wild tangent. 

Always looking forward to the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...