Thursday, October 4, 2018

Review: One Good Dog

One Good Dog One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely love this book. I have had it on my tbr list for years and I recall someone telling me that it was not a good book. This just shows me yet again that I should not listen to other reviewers' opinions.

Adam is a very high profile executive in his firm, has a wife and daughter and a beautiful home. He makes one mistake and finds himself in a situation where he has lost his job and is prosecuted and found guilty and sentenced to a year of community service.

One thing that I discovered and was very surprised was how in the US it appears that the wife receives everything when there is a divorce. Adam is brought down to earth with a very heavy bump. I read in some reviews that people couldn't identify with Adam because they are blue collar workers, but I didn't find that at all. I felt there was enough "meat" in his character and different challenges, that there was something for everyone.

And yes, there is a dog involved. The story was more about Adam and the dog just happened to be there, but he did enrich the story and it would not have been the same without him.

An excellent read and so glad that I finally picked it up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...