Friday, June 8, 2018

Review: The Nest

The Nest The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The basic idea of the book is simply that four siblings are set to inherit a sum of money from their deceased father when the youngest of them reaches forty. The father set this up because he wanted them to have a "little something" for their middle age, or mid life crisis'. What their father hadn't counted on was that the inheritance would grow in leaps and bounds after he first invested it.

Before the youngest turned forty, one of the siblings was in an horrific accident and their mother turned over most of the money in order to keep him out of the courts and out of trouble since his passenger was a young girl who lost her foot in the accident.

We learned about each of the siblings, their families and friends and lifestyles quite in detail plus all the reasons why they had been waiting for their inheritance. I thought the writer did a brilliant job of bringing them all to life and giving them all very human traits.

The reviews of this book are varied and when a lot of my goodreads friends were a bit negative of the story I was thinking that I am probably not going to like this. That has not been the case. There were a few times during my reading that I felt that it might have been a bit too much information, but all in all I thought the writer did an excellent job with such a simple topic.

I look forward to read more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...