Thursday, May 10, 2018

Review: The Heart's Invisible Furies

The Heart's Invisible Furies The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fabulous book. I didn't know that I would "take" to the characters in the story the way I have and now that the book is finished I feel that I have lost my best friend and I think it will take awhile for that feeling to end.

The book follows the life of Cyril Avery an illegitimate baby whose young Irish mother had been thrown out of her family when they discovered that she was expecting. The book is loosely divided into seven year segmants.

He was adopted by a couple, a banker and a woman who would later become a very famous writer. He is reminded frequently that he is not a real Avery. As a youngster he started a friendship with Julian Woodbead which leads us into the story of Cyril.

It was a long book and every word was very important. There was no dragging the ending and as was the whole book, the ending was as monumental as the beginning.

An excellent read and highly recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...