Friday, March 9, 2018

Review: How to Stop Time

How to Stop Time How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a terrific book. I have to confess that I love books about London. After studying English history in school in Canada, my goal was always to visit England and in particular London. I have been able to visit England approximately twenty times including London and that city is basically the love of my life. Hence, I love this book. The descriptions of the city were so vivid that I could almost smell it.

Due to a rare condition Tom Hazard has been alive for over four centuries and at age 439 he appears to be in his mid thirties. He has seen the wars and has met most of the famous people. He worked for Shakespeare and played jazz for F. Scott Fitzgerald. He was singed by the great fire of London and his wife died during a plague year. He even sailed with Captain Cook.

Every eight years he disappears and relocates with a new identity in order to keep his condition a secret. For centuries he has been warned that certain laboratories are interested in this condition and want to experiment in order to find the fountain of youth.

An excellent story that prompts us to look at our own lives and how we live, past, present and future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...