Sunday, December 31, 2017

Review: The Astonishing Thing

The Astonishing Thing The Astonishing Thing by Sandi Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My goodness what a great book. I am already looking forward to the next book from this wonderful author.

I absolutely love books written from the POV of an animal and this one certainly did not disappoint. Here we have the cat named Boo who observes everything that happens in the family. As the story opens there is a husband and wife, two teenagers and a newborn baby, plus a small dog. The wife is unhappy and seemingly is falling into a very low point.

With Boo writing this book we get a different perspective on how things that we do appear to our pets. The story goes through many phases including mental illness, child abuse and single parenthood.

Trying to not put spoilers in here is a bit difficult because I really want to tell everyone about this book.

An excellent read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...