Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: The Last Anniversary

The Last Anniversary The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was speaking to an older lady reader at a book group once and the book we were reading seemed to have a lot of characters with all kinds of happenings. I said to the lady that the book seemed a bit scattered. Her reply was that in order to enjoy a book you should just immerse yourself in it. Just relax and let it all happen and the more the merrier.

When I remembered what she said I realized that this was going to be just that kind of book. So, I just sat back and immersed myself in the story and I didn't come up until it was finished.

It was a fantastic story that I can see might be a bit complicated or confusing if you didn't just relax.

As the story opens, Connie has just died. She is the older sister of Rose. They own a small island in Australia called Scribbly Gum. When they were young girls they had an adventure that changed the whole course of their lives.

A lovely story with lots of twists, turns and mysteries to keep you reading until the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...