Sunday, December 18, 2016

Always By My Side by Edward Grinnan

Always by My Side: Life Lessons From Millie and All the Dogs I’ve LovedAlways by My Side: Life Lessons From Millie and All the Dogs I’ve Loved by Edward Grinnan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to read this advance copy of this book. I enjoyed this book so much. We also have a golden retriever named Rusty who was a therapy dog but he is aging and is retired now. The book is a reminder to us of what will come soon.

Edward Grinnan has put together a memoir that was very tough to put down. Every page was filled with love, understanding and acceptance. He has looked below the surface of his animals and likes what he sees there. Edward and his wife Julee adore their dogs and have made their lives around them and their needs. Edward shares very openly of his struggle with alcohol and addiction and he shares his faith with us so generously.

The story is about Millie, a golden retriever that came into their lives as a puppy when their beloved dog Mattie died. And this leads us into the stories of each of their dogs.

Excellent read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...