Monday, October 3, 2016

Review: What alice forgot

What alice forgot What alice forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alice is an efficient, 39 year old over achiever mother of three children. Her husband is a very successful businessman. Alice has a fall at the gym and bumps her head. When she regains consciousness, she has lost her memory of the last ten years and now believes that she is 29 years old and expecting her first child.

She discovers many things about her "mature" life that her "younger" self finds very hard to believe. Not the least of which is that she is separated from her husband and has lost her dearest friend in a terrible accident.

The story made me ask the question of myself. What was I doing ten years ago and how would I cope if that happened to me. Would it give me time to "fix" mistakes that I have made or make amends with people. The answer is, absolutely.

An excellent story and truly a "food for thought" reading experience.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...