Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: Mrs. Mike

Mrs. Mike Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When 16 year old Katherine is sent to stay with her uncle in order to improve her health, she meets, falls in love with and marries Mike Flannigan, a Royal Canadian Mountie. These are very hard times in the early 1900's in Alberta, but Katherine does manage to learn how to survive. Her lung problems improve, probably due to the clean air, exercise and plain food.

This is a love story with all its ups and downs, joy, and heartbreak, and loss. I love reading about how the settlers and Indians survived and took care of each other.

It wasn't until I had almost finished this book that I realized that I was reading non fiction. This made the book more dear to me.

An excellent read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...