Monday, December 14, 2015

Review: The Illegal

The Illegal The Illegal by Lawrence Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Two fictitious countries situated in the Indian Ocean. One, Zantoroland, a very poor dictatorship and the other, Freedom State, a rich nation. If I hadn't known this was fiction, I would have believed the story.

Keita Ali is a runner who has fled Zantoroland after his father, a famous journalist, has been murdered. Freedom State doesn't want refugees and sends them back in boats as soon as possible. There is corruption everywhere within the political parties.

This story is a tiny window into what it is like to be hunted in your own country and trying to be accepted in a country that doesn't want you.

Excellent read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...