Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Review: Tell

Tell Tell by Frances Itani
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a disappointing read for me. I expected much more, especially from an award winning book. I didn't feel that the village of Deseronto was portrayed accurately. I do have knowledge because my father was 8 years old, living in Deseronto in 1919 and told me many stories. Also, I spent years of my life between Deseronto and Belleville.

From the standpoint of the characters in the book, I did feel an accuracy, especially from the returning soldiers. My grandfather was a returning soldier from WWI and my mother always told me that he never spoke of what he endured there or what he witnessed.

Even the ending was unrealistic, but I will let you make that decision for yourselves.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...