Friday, December 26, 2014

Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat

Never Cry WolfNever Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is still one of the best books I have read. It does say that it is "inspired" by a true story and since I knew a lot of Mr. Mowat's history (him living quite near me), I know that all the information regarding the wolves is true.

The information gathered by him was so important and I think that even today most countries and scientists don't realize how important it actually was/is. Wolves were wiped out by blood thirst in the US and when the government discovered the imbalance it created, they had to import wolves from Canada in order to "save" their environment.

Mr. Mowat took an experiment that he was given back in the 1950's and turned it into a very entertaining story, while teaching us about the nature of wolves. It is a fact that there has never been a human being reported as having been killed by a wolf.

Reading this story again makes me proud that we had people like Mr. Mowat who were willing to sacrifice a lot in order to advance our knowledge of our planet and its inhabitants.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...