Saturday, November 22, 2014

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

American WifeAmerican Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A story about an ordinary girl who became the First Lady. There were many similarities to Laura Bush's story, enough to make it quite real IMO.

The book was enjoyable and interesting up to the point that Alice's husband Charlie's, alcohol addiction had to be faced. After that I felt the story weakened and especially when Charlie became the president. Alice's existence appeared to fade into oblivion.

I usually wouldn't read fiction like this but it was for a book club. I much prefer a true memoir, however, as a fictional story, this was good.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...