Friday, September 20, 2013

The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran

The Wives of Henry OadesThe Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Imagine that you come home one day and your house has been burned to the ground and your wife and children are missing. There are remains in the fire which you assume are your family. You search for months but without success so eventually you give in to the fact that they are gone. You decide to move on and leave the country for a strange one, America. After six years of bachlorhood, you help an expecting lady in distress and marry her. So, life goes on even though he is still grieving he has started to live again. Meanwhile, his wife and children were actually abducted by the Maori in New Zealand and are set free many years later. She follows you to America. Bigamy? You bet?

I enjoyed this story tremendously, however, I felt a let down on the ending. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it just seemed to "finish" without any notice. It just dwindles away in my view.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...