Monday, September 23, 2013

Island Girl by Lynda Simmons

Island GirlIsland Girl by Lynda Simmons
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this story and a lot was because of where it was set. It was an old stomping grounds of mine as a young person and I felt close to the scenes. The characters were very different but the underlying theme of alzheimers was tragic. Ruby was a very colourful character but discovered she had early alzheimers and didn't know where to turn. She had a daughter who was going to need help and care all her life. She decided to try to pull some people from her past back into her life in order to see that her daughter, Grace, would be ok. Heartbreaking.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...