Friday, September 20, 2013

The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein

The Invisible Wall: A Love Story That Broke BarriersThe Invisible Wall: A Love Story That Broke Barriers by Harry Bernstein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this memoir by Harry Bernstein. It was realistic and completely true as seen through the eyes of a child. The story revolves the street he lived on as a child in Lancashire, the Invisible Wall being: the Christians living on one side of the street and the Jewish people on the other and how, in times of trouble, they would come together. His memoirs continue with the book; The Dream and I will be surely reading that. It touches on WWI and how it affected the "folk" on the street.

Mr. Bernstein was 96 when he wrote this book. Imagine being able to recall every detail from that time at his age. Truly amazing.

I have given it a 5 star rating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...