Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Drawing Lesson (Trilogy of Remembrance #1) by Mary E. Martin

The Drawing Lesson (Trilogy of Remembrance, #1)The Drawing Lesson by Mary E. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a work of art. The writing is supurb; so much so that I thought I was reading a classical masterpiece. The story deals with artists and their art, good and bad, what inspires them and how that translates into something beautiful. It seemed to me to be a clash between the good and the evil, but the good was so good that it forgave the evil. The good artist seems to have lost his inspiration (muse) and goes on a fast, mad cap, hunt with several other smaller plots weaving themselves into the mix. There are coincidences which often make you ask yourself if the artist is dreaming and he could wake up at any moment. All in all a very satisfying read. If you are totally left brained like myself, be prepared for a new way of looking at things.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...