Monday, June 27, 2022

Review: Washington Black

Washington Black Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Part 1. The first part was exciting and grabbed my interest.
Part 2. I thought the writing was very good.
Part 3. Second part of the book, good, but things were starting to not hang together.
Part 4. The third part I became fed up with its disjoint.
Part 5. Dragging boredom of the unlikely things that happen and the unlikely rationales.

I made the effort and finished the book. It had a
strong start with an unusual twist on slavery
in the West Indies. Any good plot lines seemed
to be abandoned.

The part in the Arctic didn't make any sense at
all to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...