Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Review: I Liked My Life

I Liked My Life I Liked My Life by Abby Fabiaschi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very enjoyable debut novel. I liked my life opens with the aftermath of a wife and mother, Maddy, committing suicide. She is still in the atmosphere and is somehow able to transmit thoughts and feelings to her family who are completely devasted by her death.

Her family consisted on Brady, her husband, Eve, her daughter and Meg, her sister. Everyone loved Maddy and she was very wise. Each of the members of the family have to learn to continue living without Maddy to help and encourage them and each one has guilt feelings that they didn't do enough for Maddy and took her for granted.

The story is told in alternating voices in the first person and this was the best way to get close to each character and understand each of them.

A very unique story and good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...