Saturday, February 9, 2019

Review: A Noise Downstairs

A Noise Downstairs A Noise Downstairs by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Linwood Barclay is one of my favourite authors and I have spent many hours enjoying his novels. The newest story kept me on the edge of my seat and I can say that this book didn't disappoint.

Charlotte and Paul are a married couple that have been having trouble since a few months previously Paul had been attacked with a shovel when he inadvertently discovered a colleague of his in the midst of a serious crime. The friend went to prison but Paul was seriously injured and is still in the process of recovery.

Paul had a previous marriage that went wrong and he has a little boy, Josh, from that first marriage. He is not doing well with his recovery and his friends and family feel that he has extreme psychological problems now, possibly brain damage. But does he?

A thoroughly enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...