Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review: I Let You Go

I Let You Go I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is my favourite genre so I was probably going to love it sight unseen. The story opens with a little boy dying from a hit and run. The driver is not found things go cold. On the anniversary of the accident the police decide to go over the evidence and make an appeal for witnesses again to see if something shakes loose.

The book deals with domestic abuse and a lot of people will say things like "why didn't she do this; or that". Until you have been a victim of this type of violence yourself you really have no idea of the depth of control that one person can have over another.

The writing is what I call comfortable and believable. It just feels like you are talking to someone or that you are there watching things unfold. I am excited to get my hands on more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...