Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Review: My Husband's Wife

My Husband's Wife My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is truly a story that peels like an onion, layer by layer. Just when you think you know what its about, they bring in another element. I wouldn't say that it was necessarily a thriller but is was a dark story of psychological intrigue.

Lily a new lawyer marries Ed, who shortly after their marriage loses his job. His passion is art and he wants to do it full time. The marriage is not a passionate one and you get the impression that Lily has just "settled" as she considers herself unlovely.

In the same building lives a single mother with a little girl name Karla. Lily and Ed do some babysitting for Karla and the story begins, bit by bit. Each character is examined carefully and we learn things about each of them that are the parts of ourselves that we don't show to others.

It was a very good story and it kept me reading. I couldn't get close to any of the characters in the book and it is rare that a story can be so full of unlikeable people.

All in all a good read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...