Saturday, December 8, 2018

Review: Sometimes I Lie

Sometimes I Lie Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those times when I wish I had a book club and people to discuss the book with.

Two girls, one from parents who drank too much and she was not welled cared for. The other was from a family who cared for her and cherished her. Both girls are shunned at school for not fitting in. When the underprivileged girl attends a new school and meets cherished girl, she becomes her friend and saviour.

The story goes back and forth from current and to notes in one of the girls' diary. It was almost like the girls were interchangeable and even at the very end of the book you had to think hard as to who was who. There were some twists that you would not have anticipated at all.

An excellent read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...