Sunday, December 2, 2018

Review: Commonwealth

Commonwealth Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had such high expectations for this book but it was disappointing for me. I think it fell apart when this blended family of six quite young children, were left to their own devices while the parents slept in, at a motel. They went to the cafe for breakfast and it was still so early. They decided to take themselves to the lake. First though, they broke into the parents car and took a bottle of gin and a handgun.

It was well written and imaginative and I wouldn't discount it completely. Just to say that it wasn't quite my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...