Sunday, October 14, 2018

Review: The Marriage Lie

The Marriage Lie The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Iris and Will have been married for a few years and are still, quite sickeningly, extremely romantic. One day Will leaves for a business trip to Florida and Iris hears of a plane that crashed on its way to Seattle and that her husband was actually on that plane.

Iris of course is devastated and also very confused as to why her husband was on his way to Seattle instead of Florida. She and her twin brother head out to Seattle to discover things that were completely a surprise to them.

I was interested in the story up to the point that they introduced Corban, a handsome African American fellow and Will's friend from the gym. Surprisingly Iris had never heard of Corban from Will. It turns out that Corban is a villian and this is where the story lost me.

In a story full of white Americans, why would one black person be introduced and to be the villain and to have his head blown to bits. Sorry to say that I found this very shameful.

I can also say that it became very tiring to hear Iris repeating over and over again "my Will, my Will, etc."

I did wonder how many people would be surprised by the ending.

Not a great read for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...