Saturday, October 12, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed by Khalad Hosseini

And the Mountains EchoedAnd the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this book and writing on so many levels. A basically simple story. A young boy takes care of his baby sister until the father sells her to a rich woman. This woman takes the girl, Pari, to France where she grows up basically unaware of her beginnings.

I love the writing in this book and especially the way that each new character is introduced. The new character becomes the protagonist and we have a history of their lives. To the point that when a person is mentioned, you know them and what their lives have been.

Some people are saying that the book does not have a plot, but I believe it does because it starts and ends with Pari and Abdullah, the brother and sister. It shows how one drop in the ocean can spiral into so many different lives.

Beautiful from beginning to end.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...