Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Review: Shanghai Girls

Shanghai Girls Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book that I have read by this author and Lisa See is becoming one of my favourite authors. It is always a joy to learn about other cultures, their differences and how we are all connected.

This is the story of two sisters, born and raised in Shanghi and both very beautiful. When the communists came, their lives became hardships. This is their story of how their father arranged marriages for them to a man with two sons, who lived in the US. 

An excellent read and I am looking forward to the second book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...