Sunday, February 28, 2021

Review: One Left Alive

One Left Alive One Left Alive by Helen Phifer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Morgan has just completed her training and this was the first day she has been out on her own. She's called out to what looks like a suicide. Olivia Potter is hanging from a tree outside her home. The rest of the Potter family are missing. Morgan gets seconded to the Detective team to help in their investigation. Morgan quickly realises this is the job she wants to do and she's determined to prove her worth.

This is a great start to a brand new police procedural series featuring Morgan Brookes. This is a fast paced, well written police procedural. I was hooked from the beginning and didn't want to put the book down. I was guessing all the way to who was behind it all. I was shocked when the reveal came. I never saw it coming. There were a few loose ends left hanging but I'm hoping when the second book comes out in December, they will be tied up then. I highly recommend this book. An excellent read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...