Saturday, September 1, 2018

Review: The Massey Murder: A Maid, Her Master and the Trial that Shocked a Nation

The Massey Murder: A Maid, Her Master and the Trial that Shocked a Nation The Massey Murder: A Maid, Her Master and the Trial that Shocked a Nation by Charlotte Gray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I want to give this book five stars for several reasons:

I am a history buff and love all history books.

I was raised in Toronto and know all the places mentioned in the book, my stomping grounds when a young person.

The story was even more important IMO because it brought out the idea that a woman could defend herself from sexual harassment even though the term had not been formed as yet.

The crime took place in Toronto by a maid, Carrie Davies during WWI. We are given excellent pictures of what it was like back then, how people lived and their expectations.

An excellent read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...