Saturday, September 8, 2018

Review: Beartown

Beartown Beartown by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful writing. The character development was excellent and by the end of the book I felt that I knew each character personally. It felt like a series of smaller stories involving each person in Beartown.

Beartown is a hockey town. Without hockey they had very little to look forward to. This town breathes hockey. It is a tiny community nestled in a forest and its getting smaller all the time. Their hopes are on winning the final game in the bigger town of Hed.

Even though it seems that the main theme is hockey, its actually about the people in the town and a brilliant study of human nature.

An excellent read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...