Thursday, February 1, 2018

Review: The Prince of Tides

The Prince of Tides The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story opens with our protagonist, Tom Wingo, has been asked by a psychiatrist in New York to help understand why his twin sister Savannah has tried to commit suicide. She feels that there are things in the past that have caused her so many problems. I might add that Savannah is a very accomplished published poet.

The stories of the childhood begin and as time goes on you see a clear picture of what their lives were like while growing up in the south along with their brother Luke, who they both adored. I have hardly ever read a book that had such wonderful character development. Each personality was fleshed out and left nothing to the imagination. Some of the characters were not lovable but all were human.

The book held my attention right from the start and highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...