Thursday, February 1, 2018

Review: Everything I Never Told You

Everything I Never Told You Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story was a heartbreaking portrait of a marriage of mixed race in the 1970's. James Lee and Marilyn fall in love and against the odds marry and raise a family of three. The story opens with Lydia, their middle child, going missing.

The story takes us back to the beginning when James first met Marilyn and we learn how a truly dysfunctional family is formed. My heart went out to the children; Lydia who was so favoured that she couldn't possibly live up to her parent's expectations. Nathe, and Hannah, the oldest and youngest in the family were virtually ignored.

Marilyn placed all her ambitions that were not accomplished on to Lydia's shoulders making her into a very unhappy girl.

A beautifully written story and I look forward to reading more from this author.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...