Thursday, July 20, 2017

Review: Heart of the City

Heart of the City (Detective Greene, #5)Heart of the City by Robert Rotenberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to Netgalley and Simon & Schuster Touchstone for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book.

This is my fifth Robert Rotenberg book and they just keep getting better all the time. Since he writes about Toronto, and I am a Torontonian, I find it comforting to read about the places where I actually "walk" and his truly "Canadian Speak" voice.

Ari Greene is back after an extended visit to England and he has brought back a surprise. He is finished with the police detective business and has a job on a construction site. But that seems about to change when he discovers the body of the project owner who has been murdered on the job site.

It looks like Ari is back on the job and I suspect that he will be partnering with Kennicott again. Now I am looking forward to the next in the series and I am still hoping that the killer of Kennicott's brother will be discovered, or at least we get some information on the killer's identity.

A great read and Mr. Rotenberg has become my favourite crime author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...